SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Hourly or Salary:
Safely loads and unloads material into and out of railcars or tank trucks
Plant Supervisor or Plant Superintendent, SGS PSC
- Matches loading schedule to bill of lading.
- Weighs railcar/truck in prior to product transfer.
- Fills out loading record.
- Ensures that truck/railcar is positioned and secured at proper loading rack.
- Visually inspects the railcar or truck to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that it is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before loading or unloading.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Connects loading arm/hose.
- Checks vessel for last product contained.
- Loads railcar/truck according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Ensures that outages or innages do not exceed Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
- Checks weight of railcar/truck after loading to ensure that gross weight does not exceed regulations.
- Communicates with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur.
- Disconnects loading arm/hose, inspect for any leaks and complete required paperwork prior to releasing the railcar/truck.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned in order to complete the job.
Must have the ability to speak, write, read, hear and have good vision. Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of said PPE. The physical requirements for a loader include the following: Lift 50 pounds floor to waist, push and pull 50 pounds horizontally, carry 20 pounds while walking, climb stairs, climb ladders, extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting.
Learn more about this job by viewing our Loader Job Description Video
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada.
affordable options for group, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance with company paying a portion of the premiums; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and
committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.