Job Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for individuals to work as Material Handlers in an industrial chemical plant environment. PSC is the leader in the petrochemical material handling industry, is growing and looking for Material Handlers to join our team at a safety oriented chemical plant in Plaquemine, LA. These Warehouse Forklift Operators are regular full-time (not temporary) positions. Experience is not always required (we pay for on-the-job training) however any material handler experience is a plus. These positions work in an industrial environment and are responsible for the safe and efficient transportation and storage of product-filled storage containers throughout the chemical plant warehouse facilities. If you’re looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
Work Schedule: 12 hour rotating shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Pay: $15.50 - $17/hr. depending on experience
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operates forklift and other warehouse machinery.
- Responsible for the safe loading of product onto different containers/trailers and product securement.
- Perform a quality control role which includes: inspecting drums for damage and checking paperwork/ labels for accuracy.
- Housekeeping is a key job responsibility and requires scraping and removing spillage from the floor and surrounding equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment at all times.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Must possess a valid TWIC card & driver’s license
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- Must have the ability to speak, write, read, hear and have good vision.
- Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold.
- Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of said PPE.
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience. The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.