Are you seeking to be a part of a team-oriented, family atmosphere company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset? Join Petroleum Service Corporation today for a long-term, stable career with opportunities to advance within the organization. This opportunity includes working at one of the largest refineries along the Gulf Coast as a Rail Switchman.
Du Pont Shift (12 hour shifts between Days / Nights / Weekends)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examines track list in order to determine which railcars are to be spotted, separated, loaded, and/or shipped
- Operates rail locomotive to safely move railcars in and around the refinery
- Prepare and build outbound railcars for shipment
- Wears all protective equipment as required
- Communicates with site leader and completes any other duties as assigned
- Experience in a chemical plant, industrial or manufacturing work environment is a plus, but not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and TWIC Card
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk three to ten miles per day
- Stand four to eight hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to five minutes
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.