Material Handler / Warehouse Operator
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Material Handler / Warehouse Operator to join our team at a chemical plant / manufacturing facility in Decatur, AL. The Material Handler / Warehouse Operator is responsible for working safely and efficiently on an automated product packaging line to fill bags / boxes for outbound shipment. Experience is not required, and paid on-the-job training is available. This is a full-time position with the opportunity of advancement. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
8-hour day shift (Monday - Saturday)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares all bulk bags, super sacks or gaylord boxes to be filled with plastic additive powder or pellets.
- Safely and efficiently operates any of the four automated packaging stations on the production line by filling either bulk bags, super sacks or gaylord boxes.
- Monitors the self-sealed bags / boxes from the packaging station down the conveyor to ensure safe automatic loading onto pallets.
- Properly places all labels on filled bags/ boxes and conducts a quality control check to ensure accuracy in lot and item numbers.
- Gathers samples of filled product and completes a sample test in the processing lab.
- Conducts an inspection of the forklift prior to each use to ensure safe operation.
- Operates the sit-down forklift to move the shrink-wrapped pallets to the appropriate weighing station to verify accurate weights.
- Confirms truck loading schedule and pick tickets to inspect proper trailers for loading.
- Loads finished pallets onto trailers for outbound shipment by operating the forklift.
- Prepares for the next day’s loading operation by creating and printing labels in a computer based program, SAP.
- Operates floor-sweeper to pick up any excess pellets that fall from the packaging station.
- Cross trains on all automated packaging stations, participates in continuous training and completes any other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
Why join the PSC team?
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.