Warehouse Forklift Operator
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking individuals to join our team as Warehouse Forklift Operators inside an outstanding OSHA free safety record, chemical plant operation in Freeport, TX. The Material Handler will have the opportunity to work alongside the newly acquired automated packaging line units. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a forklift to transport and store polyethylene filled containers and conduct quality control checks throughout the chemical plant warehouse facility. These career opportunities are full-time positions. Experience is not always required; we pay for on-the-job training. If you’re looking for an opportunity that includes cross-training, career growth and advancement, then consider joining the PSC family!
12 hour rotating shifts (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
$15.50 - $17.00/hr. depending on experience
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in daily shift tailgate safety meetings and receives warehouse packaging line operation duties
- Communicates with the operator on shift to verify the packaging line is stocked with boxes, lids, pallets, shrink wrap and any other materials needed to run the line efficiently
- Conducts daily and routine shift inspections of the forklift per the checklist provided
- Monitors each automated packaging line to ensure polyethylene filled drums, super sacks and 55kg bags have clear and correct labels to include lot numbers and product description lines
- Notifies operations of any packaging line discrepancies
- Monitors the packaging line to ensure safe automated stacking and shrink-wrapping of product filled containers onto each pallet
- Weighs polyethylene filled containers to conduct a quality control check on weight accuracy
- Conducts quality control checks on each pallet to ensure the product is sealed, there is no damage, loose product or pallet over hanging
- Scans labels and appropriately places on pallets to prepare for outbound shipment
- Conducts an inspection and completes paperwork on each trailer before loading
- Safely and efficiently operates the forklift to load palletized product onto each trailer and ensure product securement
- Utilizes basic math skills to verify the pattern / total number of all pallets within the trailer to ensure proper loading
- Works in a team environment to communicate all operational activities
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by participating in all housekeeping activities
- 1 or more years’ experience in a chemical plant, industrial, warehouse or manufacturing work environment is a plus, but not required
- 1 or more years' experience operating a forklift or pallet jack to move and store material is a plus, but not required
- 1 or more years’ experience working in an environment related to a distribution center, back room storage facility or loading dock area where materials are unloaded/loaded is a plus, but not required
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
Why join the PSC team?
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.