Team Leader (Warehouse Shift Supervisor)
Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is seeking a Team Leader (Warehouse Shift Supervisor) to provide direct responsibility for approximately 20-25 PSC employees at a packaging facility within a petrochemical plant who work on an automated product packaging line. The overall guiding expectation is that the supervisor will actively engage with our customer’s site leader(s) and PSC field employees to ensure that all operations under his or her direction are striving to achieve excellent performance in the areas of safety, environmental and overall job quality. The ideal candidate must have experience in supervising and management and industry experience is a plus. Must also have the ability to obtain a TWIC prior to offer and have a valid driver's license.
: 12-hour EOWEO 2-2-3 schedule (rotating shift-work including days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all employees have the required information, tools and PPE for daily activity.
- Stay involved in employees’ training. Each employee must fully understand all parts of his job and must be ready for certification. Training includes but is not limited to: PQGs, Panel Reviews, Hands-On Training, Diamond Learning and Cross Training.
- Drive employee accountability by holding each person to the expectations of performance for their position and utilizing progressive discipline in accordance with PSC Policy.
- Coach and mentor employees to help in the development of future PSC leaders.
- Assist TAs and SLTs with red lining procedures and operational resource training as area operating disciplines/procedures change.
- Review area procedures for accuracy, redline and properly communicate to PSC and Dow leadership to make the proper changes
- Complete field observations (2 per week).
- Ensure that all duties / work in the Packaging Warehouse are being done accurately, efficiently, promptly and safely.
- Ensure all employees understand the significance of following procedures and instructions (verbal or written).
- Ensure that all employees are trained and have signed off on any and all procedural changes and MOCs.
- Communicate with PSC Leadership and DOW Technical Advisors regularly regarding daily activity, non-routine activities, unsafe equipment and personnel concerns.
- Discuss and assist in the planning of any non-routine activities that may occur and guarantee that the employees fully understand their personal expectations.
- Manage overtime, in accordance with the Open Position Coverage Policy, for when an employee calls in sick, takes vacation and any other instance where an open position is created.
- Track each employee’s overtime days worked, attendance violations and vacation requests.
- Properly communicate schedule changes with fellow employees and PSC Leadership.
- Monitor and ensure that all daily communication methods are being used properly: Logbook, Supervisor Notes, Email, Etc.
- Populate any spreadsheet or document which will assist to track unit operation.
- Participate in area reviews, audits, investigations and quality incidents
- Work with operations during non-routine conditions
- Ensure all checklists are completed on time
- Assist in process related root cause or failure analysis
- as required in audits, customer visits and provide support to address and resolve plant needs.
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to field employees
- Actively participates and helps lead group leadership development activities and leadership training conducted with HR.
- Performs annual performance evaluation with field employees.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to identify future leaders, and creates an individual development plan for these candidates.
- Provides support and input to peers on the team
- Participates in regular in-plant management meetings.
- Shares information / best practices / lessons learned.
- Seeks input and collaboration on difficult issues and problems.
- Works closely with the HR and safety groups
- Helps conduct safety intensive and other key safety training.
- Recruiting / hiring / discipline issues.
- Effectively communicates and implements company policy changes.
- Participates in any appropriate cross functional teams.
Why join the PSC team?
- Industry experience preferred.
- Experience in supervising and management.
- Must possess a valid TWIC card (or ability to obtain one prior to hire) and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus.
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.