Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS Company is growing tremendously in the petrochemical / industrial services industry. We are currently seeking an HR Recruiter that is involved in all aspects of recruiting entry-level plant jobs. This includes posting the job advertisement, sourcing, resume searching, screening applications, conducting video and face-to-face interviews, advising managers, conducting reference checks, and making offers. This position plays an integral part in providing a positive on-boarding experience that continues throughout the employee lifecycle.
The Recruiter will join a fun, energetic, and team-oriented HR department in our corporate office located in downtown Baton Rouge. The ideal candidate will be personable, positive, self-motivated, a team player, and driven to achieve goals and take initiative. (Experience in reviewing applications, recruiting, and interviewing is a plus.)
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements using career websites, social media, newsgroups, and working with employment agencies.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules with both the candidates and management.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Conducts New Employee Orientation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Updates Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Experience in reviewing applications, recruiting, and interviewing is a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of leadership and engage external candidates.
- Must have strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple open requisitions (positions) and sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resource information.
Key benefits and services offered (depending on eligibility) include affordable options for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; and much more.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS Company is a growing industrial services provider with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada. We are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, operating warehouses, and loading and unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, and industry-leading training and safety programs. Our excellent benefits package helps employees and their families maintain health, save money, and prepare for the future. At SGS PSC, we are a family-oriented company that fuels integrity, teamwork, and ambition. Our mission is to simply be the best at what we do and be recognized as the best.
Human Resources Manager
Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Hourly or Salary:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.