Chemical Process Operator ( Experienced )
Petroleum Service Corporation is an industry leader with 3,400 employees working in more than 125 facilities across the U.S. and Canada. Our company is expanding at a brand new state-of-the-art, greenfield petrochemical plant in Baytown, TX where we will be one of the only facilities in the United Sates performing this chemical process operation. The facility will showcase brand new equipment and modern technology. The Chemical Plant Process Operator will be an integral part of developing procedures / training material, commissioning the facility and maintaining the chemical process operation by monitoring, documenting, and maintaining equipment and quality of product.
12 hour rotating shift (Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Perform pre-commissioning and commissioning responsibilities for pipeline, terminal, and chemical plant process units as constructed and started up
- Maintains quality production by obtaining and testing process samples; conducting inspections; recommending process improvements
- Documents all procedures used and actions taken during production process
- Monitors production by setting and observing process controls, pressures, and temperatures; watching gauge levels; operating computer console
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by monitoring equipment operation, completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting malfunctioning units
- Perform routine hazard identification write ups on work in the plant and make recommendations for resolving identified issues
- Participate in or lead various PSM activities such as Incident Investigation, Management of Change (MOC) / PSSR, PHA, Hot Work, etc.
- Identify, report, log and / or resolve all near miss opportunities
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; patrolling unit
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Completes duties with dedication to personal / process safety and environmental stewardship
- Repairing, lubricating, and maintaining of plant equipment or writing work orders in the computerized maintenance management system
- Prepare equipment for maintenance work
- Cross trains to operate the pipeline station and load tanker trucks
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5 + years experience in a Process / Pipeline Operator role
- Experience in technical writing and updating process, operations and/or safety procedures
- Experience in pre-commissioning / commissioning of chemical plants or large projects
- Experience in a lead or step-up supervisor operator role is preferred, but not required
- Experience operating a continuous process
- Experience with DCS board operations
- Strong understanding / execution of Process Safety Management is preferred, but not required
- Must be proficient with computer based programs and systems as this facility will be highly computer integrated at the field operator position (Wireless tablets used for electronic permitting, maintenance requests, etc.)
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus.
You must be able to:
Why join the PSC team?
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.