Job Title: Recruiting Coordinator
Department/Job Function: Human Resources
About Us: SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada. We are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, operating warehouses, and loading and unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, and industry-leading training and safety programs. Our excellent benefits package helps employees and their families maintain health, save money, and prepare for the future. At SGS PSC, we are a family-oriented company that fuels integrity, teamwork, and ambition. Our mission is to simply be the best at what we do and be recognized as the best.
Primary Responsibilities: Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; interviewing and advising managers. This position serves in an integral role supporting a fast-paced work environment. As a strong contributor to the team’s overall success, this position supports the recruiting and on-boarding process and provides administrative and coordination support. This position interfaces with all levels of hiring leaders throughout the company. The individual in this role must exhibit a high level of discretion, tact and solid judgment.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; using newsgroups, and working with employment agencies.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules with both the candidates and management.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Conducts New Employee Orientation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Tracks candidates throughout the pre-employment process via the ATS.
- Processes and coordinates background checks, drug screens, and physical exams of external candidates, acting as a liaison with our third party vendors. Escalates issues to HR Manager for resolution.
- Coordinates and obtains all pre-employment paperwork.
- Provides timely, clear, and concise updates to supervisors, and candidates.
- Schedules candidates for Safety Council/OSHA courses.
- Coordinates and schedules weekly New Employee Orientation (NEO).
- Creates new employee packets for NEO.
- Responsible for electronic I-9 and provides first day reporting instructions to each new employee.
- Collaborates with HR and Payroll to escalate issues and ensures the candidate experience goes smoothly and appropriate hand-offs are in place throughout the hiring process.
- Inputs new hires and rehires into HRS.
- Codes invoices from Safety Council, background checks, and other vendors.
- Retrieves and sorts all employee records in alphabetical order.
- Files records in accordance with the appropriate filing system.
- Maintains EEO forms and paper I-9s for active and terminated employees.
- Assists with written and verbal employment verification inquiries from both inside and outside the company according to company policies.
- Recognizes strong principles of customer service to all external clients and potential employees, as well as our internal co-workers and support staff.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Contributes to our HR team’s efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Two years of experience in recruiting.
- HR or administrative experience is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is preferred.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resource information.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
Minimum Job Requirements: 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
Benefits: Key benefits and services offered (depending on eligibility) include affordable options for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
Reporting to: HR Manager, SGS PSC
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Hourly or Salary: Salary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.