SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Operations - 604
Exempt or Non-exempt:
Hourly or Salary:
Ensures accuracy between distribution and truck driver’s paperwork against all inbound & outbound vessels. Type of vessel inspected: Tank, hopper, box and van trailers
Plant Supervisor or Plant Superintendent, SGS PSC
- Able to work a rotating shift work schedule, days, nights, weekends, holidays, etc. from 4 AM to 4PM
- Ensure accuracy between distribution and truck driver’s paperwork against all inbound & outbound vessels.
- Verifies that all trailer #s, shipment #s, seal #s, placards, products, etc. match all sets of paperwork as well as the vessel itself.
- Ensure inbound vessel is acceptable for loading at this facility, including prior cargo restrictions, required equipment & adhere to all Dow requirements.
- Ensures outbound vessel is free of leaks and approved for transit according to DOT standards.
- Communicate professionally & courteously with other employees, customers & truck drivers on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoots, escalates and / or mitigates problems when a discrepancy is found.
- Ensure that all truck drivers adhere to the site’s safety expectations.
- Follow job specific procedures at all times.
- Read & comprehend any special instructions on paperwork to ensure that the vessel has met all requirements if applicable.
Good communication skills. Easily adapts to change. Shows initiative. Goes above and beyond. Have confidence in work. Great attitude. Great team player. Able to think independently. Problem solving skills. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to climb stairs throughout the 12 hour shift. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and have good vision. Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold and rainy conditions.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada.
affordable options for group, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance with company paying a portion of the premiums; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and
committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.