Chemical Plant Operator
Job Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking individuals with at least one year of industrial experience to work as Tank Farm Operator in a world-class petrochemical plant in Westlake, LA. This position will oversee liquid transfer and storage processes by monitoring, documenting, and maintaining equipment and quality of product. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new plant operation offering long-term career growth and advancement potential, competitive wages, and great benefits. At Petroleum Service Corporation, our mission is to be the best at what we do, and we're ready to give YOU our best!
Work Schedule: Dupont 12-hour rotating shift-work schedule
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees liquid tank car and tank truck loading and unloading operation.
- Performs gauging of storage tanks prior to and after each transfer and confirms inventories are accurate prior to transfer.
- Responsible for correct transfer alignment to accomplish environmentally safe transfer.
- Maintains quality pipeline and storage processes by conducting inspections, monitoring multi-screen control console, and recommending process improvements.
- Documents all procedures used during transfer processes.
- Monitors transfer and storage by setting and programming controls.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting malfunctioning units.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations relating to transfer operations.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned in order to complete the job.
- One year of relevant industry related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.