Chemical Plant Scheduler and Warehouse Technician (SAP)
: Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking individuals to join our team as Chemical Plant Scheduler and Warehouse Technician (SAP) inside an outstanding OSHA free chemical plant operation in Freeport, TX. The Chemical Plant Scheduler and Warehouse Technician will have the opportunity to work alongside the newly acquired automated packaging line units. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a forklift to transport and store polyethylene filled containers and conduct quality control checks throughout the chemical plant warehouse facility. These career opportunities are full-time (not temporary) positions. Experience is not always required; we pay for on-the-job training. If you’re looking for an opportunity that includes cross-training, career growth and advancement, then consider joining the PSC family!
: 12 hour on shift rotating schedule (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operates forklift and other warehouse machinery.
- Responsible for the safe loading of product onto different containers/trailers and product securement.
- Perform a quality control role which includes: inspecting drums and other containers for damage and checking paperwork/ labels for accuracy.
- Housekeeping is a key job responsibility.
- Search outbound shipments and sort/schedule via SAP for loading before cutoff dates
- Allocate product for orders and print shipping packets with proper documents (bill of lading, packing list, COA, seals and placards)
- Check drivers in and out via SAP (T/T, export containers & domestic package) in a timely manner with all proper documents (bill of lading, packing list, COA, MSDS, seals, and Placards).
- Communicate via phone and email with CSRs, transportation carriers, Activity
- Schedulers and PSC Loading Supervision to help assure smooth work flow.
- Work with PSC Loading Supervision and provide loading schedule in a timely manner for next day’s shipments
- Work with PSC Warehouse Technicians on shipping inconsistencies ( Damaged labels or products)
- Provide exceptional customer service and communications skills with both internal and external customers
- 1 or more years’ experience in a chemical plant, industrial, warehouse or manufacturing work environment is a plus, but not required
- 1 or more years’ SAP Experience
- 1 or more years' experience operating a forklift or pallet jack to move and store material is a plus, but not required
- 1 or more years’ experience working in an environment related to a distribution center, back room storage facility or loading dock area where materials are unloaded/loaded is a plus, but not required
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
Why join the PSC team?
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.