Safety & Training Supervisor
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada. We are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, operating warehouses, and loading and unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, and industry-leading training and safety programs. Our excellent benefits package helps employees and their families maintain health, save money, and prepare for the future. At SGS PSC, we are a family-oriented company that fuels integrity, teamwork, and ambition. Our mission is to simply be the best at what we do and be recognized as the best.
Key benefits and services offered (depending on eligibility) affordable options for group, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance with company paying a portion of the premiums; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
Responsible for ensuring every employee complies with all safety rules, procedures and regulations for SGS PSC at site location.
Plant Supervisor or Plant Superintendent, SGS PSC
- Supervises the training and regulatory compliance of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) employees.
- Administers all regulatory training to new hires and annual refresher training for all employees.
- Arranges with appropriate persons/departments for all other training not conducted by PSC.
- Develops and updates operational procedures and performs annual procedure review.
- Schedules the Safety Intensive training, if necessary.
- Tests new employees. Re-schedules training, should they not pass the test.
- Supervises the cross-training of all employees.
- Tests cross-trained operators for the new position. Re-schedules training, should they not pass the test.
- Maintains all training files and records for each employee.
- Makes observations on all employees, from the standpoint of training for other positions; then makes those recommendations to the Site Supervisor.
- Conducts the safety portion of the monthly safety meetings.
- Works with PSC district office, or Baton Rouge office, to see that all employees take their annual physicals
- Maintains various training manuals.
- Works with the Customer Training Department in making sure all employees complete all required computer based training.
- Conducts monthly safety audits (JQA’s).
- Monitors operators for violations of any safety policies. Corrects the operator, and reports these to the Site Supervisor.
- Assists Site Supervisor in incident investigations and corrective actions.
- Reports any other safety issues that might come to attention, to the Site Supervisor.
- Maintains office supplies
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Proficient skills in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable in the use of Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) is preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable of SAP (ordering from warehouse & work requests) is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional communication skills, such as the ability to effectively communicate information to team.
- Team player attitude.
- Ability to learn customer and area-specific requirements and keep up with changes or new procedures.
Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Ability to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles and the like. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and have a good vision. Ability to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold.
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Hourly or Salary:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and
committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.