Operations – 604
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada. We are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, operating warehouses, and loading and unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, and industry-leading training and safety programs. Our excellent benefits package helps employees and their families maintain health, save money, and prepare for the future. At SGS PSC, we are a family-oriented company that fuels integrity, teamwork, and ambition. Our mission is to simply be the best at what we do and be recognized as the best.
Works on an automated product packaging line. Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the bagging equipment.
- Machines fill 50 pound bags with plastic pellets, seals the bag, labels the bag, and places the sealed and labeled bags in boxes.
- Safely and efficiently operates the bagging and palletizing equipment.
- Works one or more of four separate packaging stations on the line.
- Bag weights, labels, palletizes, boxes, bag prints, housekeeping, maximizes production rates, and maintains final product quality.
- Provides support to the packaging machines whenever necessary.
- A large part of time is spent sweeping up pellets which fall to the floor as a result of the packaging process.
- Confirms that labels have correct information and that they are positioned in the proper place on the box.
- Responsible for stacking boxes onto pallets which are loaded on trucks via forklift.
- Must eventually be certified to operate a forklift.
- Maintains a safe working environment at all times.
Must have the ability to speak, write, read, hear and have good vision. Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of said PPE. The physical requirements for a warehouse technician include the following: Lift 60 pounds floor to waist, push and pull 30 pounds horizontally, carry 20 pounds while walking, climb stairs, stand 8-12 hours per day, climb ladders, extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting.
Minimum Job Requirements:
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
Key benefits and services offered (depending on eligibility) include affordable options for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
SGS PSC Warehouse Supervisor
Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Hourly or Salary:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.