MATERIAL HANDLER FOREMAN- FREEPORT - DEPT 5700
|Title:||MATERIAL HANDLER FOREMAN- FREEPORT - DEPT 5700|
|State - City:||TX - FREEPORT|
Material Handler Foreman
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
Type of Position:
Supervises the loading, unloading and general movement of products throughout the warehouse.
- Ensures that all SGS PSC material handlers abide by all applicable safety rules and practices as established by SGS PSC, the customer, and regulations.
- Ensures that each employee has the knowledge, training, tools, and equipment to perform their job safely.
- Facilitates effective two-way communication between management and employees on all matters related to safety including the company’s safety mission and objectives and communicating to management employees’ safety questions and concerns.
- Instills in each employee a safety attitude such that the employee will keep safety uppermost in his mind and will respond to unexpected emergency situations in a safe and prudent manner.
- Inspects warehouse and equipment. Deficiencies, together with follow-up should be documented.
- Communicates recommendations for warehouse improvements to mitigate risk.
- Performs behavior based safety observations on employees. Establish goals for frequency of assessments and proper actions
- Responds, investigates and reports on all safety/environmental incidents and aids in the development of corrective actions designed to prevent recurrence.
- Ensures that preventative actions identified from incident investigations are completed in a timely manner.
- Provides operating instructions and coaching to employees.
- Coordinates, schedules and maintains sufficient manpower to accommodate demand.
- Identifies and submits suggested revisions to all warehouse operating procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in areas of safety, environmental, cost, productivity, and product quality.
- Keeps management informed on the status of all activities including staffing, hours worked, incomplete action items, etc.
- Acts as the initial responder to all incidents involving group employees.
- Recognizes, promptly reports, and corrects unsafe acts, conditions, and procedures, and motivates employees to do the same.
- Promptly reports and helps investigate all incidents, involving SGS PSC employees, within the framework of the company’s quality reporting program and in the development of meaningful corrective actions to prevent recurrence of the incident.
- Requires employees to report for medical treatment when injured to ensure that drug and alcohol or other testing is performed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Effectively counsels employees, both formally and informally, and maintains adequate records on all counseling sessions.
- Participates with annual evaluations on all employees in a fair and impartial manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of each person in the group’s qualifications regarding warehouse skills and training qualifications.
- Schedules and conducts regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Schedules and conducts required regulatory refresher training for workgroup.
- Frequently assesses and directs cross-training to ensure efficient utilization of manpower.
- Assists customers with routine inquiries to assure accurate and prompt results.
- Responsible for timekeeping in respective area.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Ability to remain standing for 12 hours. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift grasp, talk, hear and have good vision. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of said PPE. Ability to work in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Requires the flexibility to work evening and night shifts as needed. Must have good communication skills. High school diploma or equivalency. Must have at least two years of supervisory experience. Valid driver’s license and TWIC card required
before entering plant.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications