SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Hourly or Salary:
Direct responsibility for PSC workgroup at a specific site and some other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager. The overall guiding expectation is that the Plant Supervisor will actively engage with site leaders and field employees to ensure that all operations under his or her direction are striving to achieve excellent performance in the areas of safety, environmental and overall job quality. The job site will also produce acceptable value in terms of the business contribution with specific financial results as well as strategic value.
Operations Manager, SGS PSC
- Overall Operating Performance
- Ensures systems and processes are in place to drive safety and environmental performance by the workgroup.
- Clearly communicates goals around operating performance and ensures that they are understood.
- Has direct participation in safety meetings and overall training initiatives to model appropriate behavior for our field employees.
- Performs safety observations in the field to establish high visibility with employees and the customer.
- Reviews safety observation forms completed and identifies trends or areas of concern.
- Ensures that all incidents are investigated and participate directly in significant incidents (i.e. employee injuries, spills, derailments).
- Ensures that training is being conducted in alignment with PSC and the customer’s best practices, including auditing of records and informal participation in employee qualification process.
- Supports field employees with performance problems and helps establish effective corrective actions.
- Works closely with the field employees and customer to identify efficiencies and help implement them.
- Ensures positive recognition is occurring for good performance and personally participate in recognition events where possible.
Note: Operating performance typically will be measured through statistics in recordable injuries, environmental incidents, derailments and significant property damages.
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to field employees
- Actively participates and helps lead group leadership development activities and leadership training conducted with HR.
- Performs annual performance evaluation with field employees.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to identify future leaders, and creates an individual development plan for these candidates.
- Commercial and Business Issues
- Understands specific contract pay and billing details
- Manages damage claims to minimize impact.
- Identifies high risk activity or situations that leave PSC exposed to undesired liability (injury, contamination, reputation).
- Develops win/win solutions to opportunities to maximize value to customer and at the same time contribute to PSC’s financial success.
- Recognizes and act appropriately for situations that balance protecting short-term financial impact versus long-term negative business position with a particular customer.
- Knows who the key customer contacts are in the organization from top to bottom.
- Has regular contact with key customer personnel, including regular face-to-face interaction.
- Utilizes PSC quarterly report card process to facilitate the ongoing regular dialogue in customer relationship at the facility.
- Helps facilitate appropriate customer entertainment, particularly with senior management at organization.
- Looks for new business opportunities and works to expand these operations, as appropriate.
- Is fully aware of and promotes other SGS services at existing account.
- Provides support and input to peers on the team
- Participates in regular in-plant management meetings.
- Shares information / best practices / lessons learned.
- Seeks input and collaboration on difficult issues and problems.
- Works closely with the HR and safety groups
- Recruiting / hiring / discipline issues.
- Helps conduct safety intensive and other key safety training.
- Effectively communicates and implements company policy changes.
- Actively supports business efforts between in-plant operations and PSC marine operations (best practices, training, leadership development, resource support, etc.)
- Participates in any appropriate cross functional teams.
- Industry experience preferred
- Experience in supervising and management
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles and the like
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and have a good vision
- Ability to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is a growing company with a proud tradition of excellence in providing product handling, operations, and logistics support at major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals in the United States and Canada.
affordable options for group, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance with company paying a portion of the premiums; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and
committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.