Job Summary: Are you seeking a career in a fast-paced environment that allows you to enjoy working independently and outdoors around the waterways? If so, consider a career with Petroleum Service Corporation as a Dock Operator. If you are self-motivated and driven to be a part of building a strong safety culture with the willingness to learn, PSC provides quality hands-on training along with opportunities for cross-training and a long-term career. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: 4 On 4 Off (12 hour shifts)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts pre-transfer conference with the person-in-charge of the vessel to ensure safe transfer of product from the barge or ship
- Communicates with facility personnel via radio to advise the status of transfer
- Ensures that the proper product and pipeline configuration are utilized in the transfer
- Operates crane or other heavy equipment to connect / disconnect the dock arm / hose to the vessel
- Operates valves to control flow of product being transferred
- Gauges barge as directed by facility
- Maintains dock logs to ensure all events are recorded in chronological order
- Interfaces with Tankermen and United States Coast Guard to provide updates on the vessel
- Wears all protective equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment as required
- Must possess a valid TWIC car and driver’s license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60-80 pounds to waist and carry up to 300 feet
- Grip/hold/pull 80 pounds
- Walk one to four miles per job
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Step as much as two feet horizontal and vertical
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.