Chemical Plant Leadman (Railroad)
Job Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Railroad Leadman to work at a chemical plant in Plaquemine, LA. The Leadman is a working leader with responsibility over approximately three employees assigned to a specific post. The ideal candidate would have at least one year of rail switching related experience in a leadership role.
Work Schedule: 12-hour Dupont schedule (rotating shift-work including days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors all train movements for the shift and oversees switching and yard operations
- Instructs the switchman to switch trains from one track to another
- Instructs the engineer who is responsible for operating the locomotive
- Assign trainees with trainer
- Weekly evaluate trainee’s progress
- Lead start of shift safety meetings
- Complete daily job tasks assigned by the dispatcher including spotting loading racks, building outbounds and classifying inbounds.
- Manage and classify storage yards
- Record rail movement throughout the day to be uploaded in railmax
- Safely coordinate movements between engineer and switchman
- Communicate with loaders to ensure spot request are made
- Ensure all procedures are being followed
- Update procedures as needed
- Conduct weekly task observations
- Monitor housekeeping
- Investigate and report all incidents, injuries & near misses
- Follow company fatigue management program
- One year or more of experience in an rail switching related leadership role
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, alcohol test, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to five minutes
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.