Job Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is looking to hire a railcar washer in an industrial chemical plant environment. This position is responsible for cleaning materials out of railcars and tank trucks.
Work Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating Shift (Days/Nights/Weekends)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspects all cars to assure bottom outlets are closed, capped and secure.
- Verifies track is clear of all technicians, equipment, and de-railers before moving cars into the wash rack before activating the car puller.
- Moves cars to wash rack with the car puller or trackmobile.
- Drives forklift.
- After opening all hatch covers, inspects all hatches for excessive polyethylene.
- If excessive poly is found, applies ribbons to grab irons, top and bottom. Communicates findings with dispatch to have rail crew weigh the car.
- Closely monitors water level in the trench before and while washing.
- Installs wash heads and lower heads with air hoist. Centers heads with opening in hopper car.
- Inspects tubes on cars for pellets, excessive water or other contaminates. Shakes valves to ensure no contaminates remain. If necessary, rinses tubes with water or blow with air.
- Inspects cars for cleanliness and performs lining inspection..
- Performs any required top of hopper car maintenance and document all repairs.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Must possess a valid TWIC
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Climb ladders
- Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction
- Pass any medical examination associated with use of said PPE
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.