Warehouse Forklift / Packaging Technician
Petroleum Service Corporation, the leader in the petrochemical material handling industry, is growing and looking for individuals to join our team. At this brand new, state-of-the-art packaging facility, we work with the most up-to-date technology to package polyethylene pellets at a chemical plant in the Baytown, Texas area. These positions work in both an indoor and outdoor industrial environment and are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the automated packaging line and equipment, movement of palletized product with a forklift, and inspection of finished product in the outdoor storage yard. These positions are regular, full-time positions with opportunities for cross-training, career growth, and advancement. No experience is required and we pay for on-the-job training. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
12 hour rotating shift (Days/nights/weekends/holidays) OR 10 hour shift Monday – Friday, depending on position/crew. (Schedule is subject to vary and/or change based on operational demands)
Starting at $15.36 - $17.56 per hour depending on experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Warehouse Forklift / Packaging technicians are responsible for performing one or more of the following tasks:
Packaging Machine Operations:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the automated packaging lines and equipment
- Monitors and reports operational activities of the packaging lines
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills by providing operational updates on a routine basis
- Checks machine parameter settings to ensure accuracy, troubleshoot and make adjustments as needed
- Reworks weight rejected material
- Feeds and replenishes raw packaging materials to the bagging lines and bulk loading stations
- Ensures cleanliness of work space inside the packaging facility
- Performs routine quality control checks to ensure accuracy of finished product
- Responsible for cross-training on forklift as operational needs occur
- Loads sea bulk containers in the outdoor storage yard with palletized product
- Inspects sea bulk shipping containers prior to loading product
- Unloads incoming trucks with packaging material by operating the forklift
- Moves raw packaging materials and stages in designated area
- Registers and monitors inventory levels through the electronic Warehouse Management System
- Receives and completes operational tasks within the confines of the electronic Warehouse Management System
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills via radio by providing operational updates on a routine basis
- Performs routine quality control checks with the Shipping Preparation Technicians to ensure accuracy and consistency of finished product
- Ensures clean work space
- Performs inspection of forklift as per the checklist provided
- Assists and cross-trains in other areas of the facility as operational needs occur
- Experience in a chemical plant, industrial, warehouse or manufacturing work environment is a plus, but not required
- Experience operating a forklift or pallet jack to move and store material is a plus, but not required
- Experience operating or monitoring automated equipment in a warehouse or industrial environment is a plus, but not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
Why join the PSC team?
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.