Rail Loader - Switchman
Are you seeking to be a part of a team-oriented, family cultured company that values safety first and provides quality training? Petroleum Service Corporation is hiring a Rail Loader - Switchman that will have the opportunity to build a long-term, stable career in a chemical plant with an outstanding safety record. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Starting at $17.25 – 18.25 / hour depending on experience, includes opportunities for yearly performance evaluation increases
12 hour rotating shift (Days / Nights / Weekends / Holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates via radio and operates a trackmobile to move railcars around the plant
- Inspect railcars and hooks up vacuum hoses to ensure railcar is emptied
- Prepares railcar to be loaded by hooking up arms and communicating to operations
- Enters and monitors data in the loading module screen
- Pulls samples to send to the lab and secures railcar seals
- Weighs railcars for outbound shipment and inputs data into the computer system
- Operates the forklift to load supersacks and transfer product into totes
- Completes all paperwork, ensures a safe work space and conducts any other tasks assigned
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
Why join the PSC team?
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions, which at time includes extreme hear or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.