Are you seeking to be an Operations Supervisor at a company that conducts a servant leadership model with the ability to make an impact on motivating, developing and teaching employees to strive towards safety first and excellent performance? At Petroleum Service Corporation, we appreciate and recognize that employees are our asset. PSC is the industry leader in product handling and site logistics, with 3,500 employees working in more than 125 facilities across the U.S. and Canada. If you are seeking a rewarding, stable and long-term career, consider joining the PSC family today!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Overall Operating Performance
- Ensures systems, processes and goals are in place to drive safety, environmental and operating performance
- Participates in safety meetings and overall training initiatives
- Performs safety observations in the field and identifies trends or areas of concern
- Ensures that all incidents are investigated
- Ensures that training is being conducted in alignment with PSC and the customer's best practices
- Supports field employees with performance and efficiency improvements, helps establish effective corrective actions
- Ensures positive recognition is occurring for good performance
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to field employees
- Actively participates and helps lead group leadership development activities and leadership training conducted with HR
- Performs annual performance evaluation with field employees
- Works closely with Operations Manager to identify future leaders, and creates an individual development plan for these candidates
- Commercial and Business Issues
- Develops win/win solutions to opportunities to maximize value to customer PSC
- Has regular contact with key customer personnel, including regular face-to-face and plant management meetings
- Utilizes PSC quarterly report card to facilitate ongoing dialogue in customer relationship
- Looks for new business opportunities and works to expand these operations, as appropriate
- Provides support and input to peers on the team
- Shares information / best practices / lessons learned
- Works closely with the HR and safety groups
- Recruiting / hiring / discipline issues
- Helps conduct safety intensive training
- Effectively communicates and implements company policy changes
Why join the PSC team?
- Experience in a supervisor, manager or leadership role involving operations is preferred
- Strong communication skills to all levels within the organization and in a presentation setting
- Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.